Date: February 20th – March 3rd
Location: Online. Please visit…
After registration closes, a spreadsheet of registered teams and contact information will be emailed to all participating coaches by Ultimate Convenors, Kim Buchanan and Paul Thompson.
2017 Ultimate Season:
Monday, March 27, 2017 – Friday, April 28, 2017
Ultimate is a coed team sport. Each school may have multiple teams for league play. Coaches are expected to arrange their own league games with other school teams.
Ultimate Jamboree (formally know as Ultimate Play Day):
12:30pm - 5:00pm on Thursday, May 4th, 2017 at South Surrey Athletic Park.
Please be aware that during the Ultimate Jamboree, a second team from a school will not be able to be accommodated due to limited field space. A choice of a competitive or a recreational division will be available for your team's participation in the Ultimate Jamboree.
- initial round robin phase will rank teams
- an elimination/knock out phase will determine a champion
- rosettes will be awarded to the top finishing team
- 1st to 4th place ribbons awarded, all other eliminated teams will receive participation ribbons
- round robin format, participation ribbons awarded to all
- no team ranking or score keeping
- costumes, songs, spirit games are encouraged but not mandatory
- spirit of the game award (the coaches from each pool will vote to determine the most deserving team)
ABC’s of Ultimate Coaching Clinic:
3:30-5:00pm on Wednesday, March 29th at Georges Vaniers Elementary
This year, we are excited to offer a coaching clinic for all of those who would like to learn the basics of ultimate in order to coach their school team this year. We will go over the basic rules of ultimate, some simple skills and a few activities you can do with students for practice. This is also a useful clinic for PE classes. We will be running a practice with the Georges Vanier students, so you will get to see the activities with a student group doing them.
All those who come to the clinic will get a booklet and a regulation weight ultimate disc to use for your games. Please register so we know how many booklets & Frisbees to have with us, but this will run regardless of the number of people signed up. Registration is embedded within the regular season registration link.