SESAA Special Track Meet
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Students will be divided into four categories: boys and girls Peewees (Grades 3-5) and boys and girls Bantams (Grade 6-7). Anyone with a Special Education designation and Education Assistant (EA) support is eligible to compete.
- A team entrance fee is being charged to cover some of the costs of running this event.
- There will be a coaches’ meeting at 9:00. Please try to have your athletes ready at this time. Remember to have your athletes wear school jerseys.
- Individual track events (60m, 150m, 300m) will take place first. Then students will rotate through the four field events with their age/gender group (PWG, PWB, BG, BB). Please stay with your group so it is easier for our event coordinators. Then we will have a lunch break, followed by relays.
- Remind students to bring money for the concession.
- Each competitor will have two attempts at a field event.
- Different coloured ribbons will be awarded at the end of each event at the event location. Ribbons will be awarded for each heat. No final heats. Each ribbon says “Winner.”
- Each participant needs to have a safety pin on their jersey so they can pin on their ribbons.
- In the marshalling area, students will be grouped into able-bodied heats and wheelchair heats. If a competitor needs his Education Assistant (EA) to run with him, a lane will be made available.
- Nametags are not necessary but are helpful for track officials.
- In the track events please instruct your athletes to remain in their lanes after the race until they receive their ribbons.
- There will be a line of flagging held to clearly indicate the finish line, coach your athletes to lean forward into the tape.
South Surrey Track
14600 20 Ave (south)