On behalf of the Surrey Elementary Schools Athletic Association (SESAA), we would like to inform you that all 6 of the Barry Morley Memorial District Elementary Track Meets will be proceeding with the following conditions to respect the current labour restrictions:
- It is VOLUNTARY for teachers to participate;
- Teacher volunteers at the track meet are covered for liability and risks associated with this district sponsored event;
- The events were previously planned;
- Alternative supervision plans will be put in place to ensure that teachers are not supervising during “recess and lunch";
- In order to meet the 45 minutes after school criterion, the track meets will be modified to end at 3:30 (2 attempts for all field events, no finals for all sprints, and if time permits we will run the medley relays).
The teacher volunteers who comprise the Track and Field Coordinators (Jim Bennest, Ryan Bolton, Ross Davidson, Chris Gauvin, Joe O'Malley) would like to thank you for your ongoing patience in these complicated times and encourage all schools to participate in the track meets.
As things are very fluid at the moment, we will advise you if conditions change.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Glenn Young | Physical Education and Athletics District Coordinator